Staying home for Easter Vacation this year? Worried that you won't be able to find anything for your family to do? Ditch the screens and check out these fun ideas for a family friendly staycation!
1) Backyard Campout: Pitch a tent, fire up the grill or fire-pit for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, sing camp songs and take some time to look up at the stars to enjoy the beauty of God's handiwork!
2) Scavenger Hunt: Create a list of things to search for throughout town and split your family into teams! Want to up the fun? Invite another family and compete against each other or split up into boys vs. girls teams. Want a fun way to keep track of your teams? An app like GooseChase can help you design a custom scavenger hunt in your area!
3) Dig in the Dirt: Have a patch of dirt in your yard that could use an upgrade? Take a family trip to the nursery and pick out flowers, fruits or veggies that you can plant together. Teach your children the importance of responsibility by including care of the plants in their regular chore duties. Show them that watering, weeding and tending are important to keep their plants healthy!
4) Be a Tourist: We are so blessed to live in/around the beautiful Napa Valley! Take your family out on a hike! There are many fun trails for all skill levels all throughout the valley. Some suggestions are: Alston Park, Skyline Park, Westwood Hills, Bothe - Napa Valley State Park, Robert Louis Stevenson Park (Mount St. Helena) and Kennedy Park Trail. A list of additional hiking areas can be found HERE. Enjoy a scenic drive up the Silverado Trail to the Old Faithful Geyser in Calistoga and bring a picnic for additional family fun!
5) Volunteer: What better way to spend free time as a family than to serve others in need! Seek out opportunities that match your family's interests! Love animals? Ask the local animal shelter! Love to spend time by the river? Grab some trash bags and gloves and host an impromptu river clean-up. Compassionate about the less fortunate? Spend time cleaning out your closets and dropping off donations at Salvation Army. Be creative and work together on an idea!
Make the most out of your time off together! Enjoy quality family time doing things you wouldn't normally have a chance to do! We have some nice weather coming so take advantage of the opportunity to be outside in the sunshine! Have a wonderful Easter Vacation celebrating the Good News of Jesus' resurrection and the new life we have through him!