One of our expected student outcomes at First Christian School is that our students would graduate from 8th grade as Servant Leaders. Throughout the school year we offer several opportunities for our students to serve their fellow students, FCS Staff, parents, the FCC community and the community of Napa. We wanted to take a few moments to highlight some of the ways our students have served.
- Throughout the year, 5th grade has served FCC by setting up the chair backs and straightening up the Worship Center for Sunday services; they also lead worship for Preschool Chapel on regular chapel days almost every week.
- On our most recent "Serve Day" our Kinder-2nd graders visited residents at Redwood Retirement Center and sang to them; our 3-7th graders pulled weeds, moved mulch and washed tables and windows on the school campus; our 8th graders served Church Women's United by sorting and folding clothing donations.
- Last Thursday and Friday, our 7th and 5th graders helped to set up and break down all of the tables and chairs for our "Muffins with Mom" preschool tea.
- Our "reading buddy" program has expanded to so much more with older students becoming mentors and friends to their younger buddies. We often see middle school students and elementary school students playing together on the blacktop.
- Regularly our preschool students serve by helping Mrs. VanMaren water the campus planters and by caring for the school chickens and collecting their eggs.
- The middle school basketball teams voted to use 50% of the funds raised from their first Free Throw Contest to the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Every day we see students opening doors for others, helping without being asked and offering encouragement to others.
- Several of our Middle School students participated in an overnight service trip to Mission Solano homeless shelter with the Students@First youth group.
- Many of our students serve at their home churches on Sundays and in mid-week programs.
- We have many alumni who come back to campus and serve in classrooms and at events.
These are just some of the examples of servant leadership that our students embody on a daily basis! We at FCS think it is very important to shine a spotlight on the many "wins" that we see regularly. We hope that you will join us in helping to cultivate a life of service off campus as well! Thank you for allowing us to partner with your family!